HIV/AIDS

MAKE THE CHANGE, BE THE DIFFERENCE!

YOU CAN BE POSITIVE AND STILL LIVE POSITIVELY!

Senior Capstone 2012 HIV/AIDS

This is blog was made with the purpose to reach the world and have an amazing experience volunteering and learning a little bit more from the stories shared everyday by people living with HIV/AIDS.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

World AIDS Day 12/1/11

On Thursday December 1, 2011, I invited Chris to the school assembly, where I have to talk and he shared his experience and how it is to live with HIV/AIDS. In the auditorium I was real nervous and at some parts I was running out of words but I think that I got to delivered my message to the students that even thought Capstone is a class that many would think that you don't do anything in there, but is not true in that class you actually get to make a project a big thing and as I said in the auditorium "Capstone is WHATEVER you want it to be," but even thought I kinda forgot what to say, I think at the end it was a success so I am really proud of myself and what I did because right when I was leaving the school a classmate of I came to me and asked me where could he get tested, that made me realize that after all this project would help out and I'm trying really hard to make a difference.

This day Ismael and I got to help out at the VA and my first job was to get people that was passing by to get tested for free and have the opportunity to know their statues, some of the people that I talked to about HIV/AIDS what were we doing that day, got a little upset, others were rude and others were nice and actually got tested. For my luck the first person I talked to was actually really nice and he got tested, but I was also putting bags together with information, candy, pill reminders, and many other goodies some of the bags also had small pocket bags of Kleenex inside of them to give to the people that was getting tested for HIV. Together we got to set up about 250 bags with goodies inside (even with me taking some candy, but if you're reading this don't tell because this is confidential). In the VA I also got to see how many people were getting tested and I glad to see that so many people were getting tested but it was also sad how almost no young people actually got tested. While observing how people were getting tested, I also notice that people from different races and different parts of world and some with different social class, were still there to get tested. At the VA I also got to meet Chris' doctor, who I invited to senior night and I hope that she gets the opportunity to be present at this event, Furthermore I believe that the work at the VA was a real success for us that put this together and the whole world because now many more people can know if they are HIV positive or not and if they are, they have the opportunity to start treating it, because the soonest you start treating it, the better it is.

After we finished at the VA, we went to Thomas Street Health Center and in the way Chris was telling that this center only treats people with HIV and once we got there I got the opportunity to meet amazing people that live with HIV and look very healthy that I couldn't even tell they were actually HIV-Positive, but as well in the building they had many events going and also many tables set up with HIV information and little red ribbons and many other stuff. This building has four floors with their different areas, where the doctors have their office, I'm not really sure but I think that it is either in the Third or Fourth floor where the different research on HIV/AIDS are being made. I only had the opportunity to go to the first and second floor but it was also good because I got to the different table in the hospital and learn a little more as I moved from table to table.

At 2:00 pm the Thomas Street Health Center had a program for their 12th Annual World AIDS Day that ended at 3:00 pm. At this programs I got to meet a lot of great people who think that my project is great and that I should keep up to work like this.I was also invited to go to the center and volunteer and this I could learn more and be there when the HIV research goes on and also having the opportunity to met more people that have HIV and see if I could get to build a relationship with them, to the point where they can share their stories with me. Mr. Pete Rodriguez the director of the center suggested me to try joining a Latina group of women who doesn't speak English but are always there willing to help and always present in the events. Joining this group would be a great honor for me. While the speakers of the center were talking I found one more global connection of the many different people, of many different races, speaking a different language were all there together in a room sharing their experiences and how they had survive. I also learned to difficult it is for even the doctors to tell their patient that they are infected with HIV. The Thomas Street Center also has a program where they want to get to "Zero" which means "Zero new HIV-Infection, Zero Discrimination, and Zero HIV Deaths" all the people in that room, want to see this happen, they all want to get to zero and so do I. When the program ended I was really touched with all the stories and the experiences that were told in that room. After that I went down to the entrance of the center where they had a Christmas that is decorated with red ribbons and a photo of someone that has died with HIV/AIDS.

World AIDS day is really important and I came home with a lot of information that I'm always willing to share but most of all I came back home happy because I know I became part of something important  and because helping others and educating makes me happy but most of all I am happy that now I am part of a new family. As a conclusion this experience make me more open-minded to the world and also it showed me that I can always make a difference in the world. 

7 comments:

  1. HOW I GOT CURED FROM Cancer and am So happy to share this testimony with everyone about how i got my Cancer cured from doctor Akhigbe the godfather of herbal medicine. I had been going from one country to another for medication for several years just to be cured from Cancer but all seems in vain, i was confused and decided to search through the Internet if i could get any news concerning Cancer so i do keep searching until i visited one particular site and i saw the great testimonies from different persons testifying how doctor Akhigbe has cure them from Cancer and other diseases and i was shock and was thinking if this is real, after a due consideration i decided to contact him with the link he posted just to give it a trail and when i contacted him he proved to me that his herbal medicine can cure me if only i believe in it, so i requested for his herbal medicine and i got it and i applied it as prescribed and after 2weeks of application i went for a test and to my greatest shock the Cancer virus has disappeared and it was just like a dream. Today I am cured from Cancer am so happy and thanking God for using doctor Dr Akhigbe to cure me. so if you are out there and you are suffering from Cancer or any kind of illness do contact doctor Akhigbe through he will help you to cure that illness. or whatsapp him on this number +2348142454860 or email him on..drrealakhigbe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW I GOT CURED FROM Cancer and am So happy to share this testimony with everyone about how i got my Cancer cured from doctor Akhigbe the godfather of herbal medicine. I had been going from one country to another for medication for several years just to be cured from Cancer but all seems in vain, i was confused and decided to search through the Internet if i could get any news concerning Cancer so i do keep searching until i visited one particular site and i saw the great testimonies from different persons testifying how doctor Akhigbe has cure them from Cancer and other diseases and i was shock and was thinking if this is real, after a due consideration i decided to contact him with the link he posted just to give it a trail and when i contacted him he proved to me that his herbal medicine can cure me if only i believe in it, so i requested for his herbal medicine and i got it and i applied it as prescribed and after 2weeks of application i went for a test and to my greatest shock the Cancer virus has disappeared and it was just like a dream. Today I am cured from Cancer am so happy and thanking God for using doctor Dr Akhigbe to cure me. so if you are out there and you are suffering from Cancer or any kind of illness do contact doctor Akhigbe through he will help you to cure that illness. or whatsapp him on this number +2348142454860 or email him on..drrealakhigbe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  3. So is possible that HIV Disease can be cured because i have been scammed so many times not until i came across this great man dr akhigbe who helped me at first I never believe all this comment and post about him and I was very sick because i have been infected with HIV Disease for the past two year,just last 2months I keep reading the testimony about this man named dr akhigbe they said that the man is so powerful he have cured different type of diseases, I keep monitor the post of some people about this man and I found out that he was real so i decided to give him a trial I contacted him for help and he said he was going to help me get my cure that all i needed to do was to send him money to prepare the medication after which it will be sent to me via dhl service which i did to my greatest surprise the medication was sent to me he gave me instructions on how to use it that after three weeks i should go for check up,after taking the medicine and follow his instruction after three weeks i went back to the hospital for another test, at first i was shocked when the doctor told me that i was negative i ask the doctor to check again and the result was still the same negative that i was now free from HIV Disease at of the shock i decided to come and share my own testimony with you for those who think there is no cure for HIV Disease the cure as finally come' stop doubting and contact dr akhigbe via email drrealakhigbe@gmail.com he will help you out you can also wattssap him via +2348142454860 he is also perfect in curing DIABETICS,HERPES,INFERTILITY;ALS,ANCE PIMPUS,LUPUS VIRUS ,SYPHILLIS, PENIS AND BREAST ENLARGEMENT, LOW SPERM COUNT, MENINGITIES AND HEPATITIES B[HBV] DISEASES. believe me that deadly disease is not a deadly sentence becauase dr ahigbe has the cure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is donald boykins , am here to appreciate Dr Akhigbe for using his herbal medicine to cure my Herpes virus. Is about 3 years and 6 months now I have been living with this virus and it has been a serious problem to me, I was so confused cause i have been taking several drugs to be cured but all of my effort was in vain,one morning i was browsing through the internet then i saw several testimonies about Dr. Akhigbe curing people from Herpes virus and immediately i contacted Dr. Akhigbe on his email: dr.realakhigbe@gmail.com, i told him about my troubles and he told me that i must be cured, he gave me some instructions and which i rightly followed. so he prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me which i used for 2 weeks and i was cured everything was like a dream to me and my Herpes virus was totally gone, dr .Akhigbe, God bless you and give you more power and ability for more cures.i dont know if there is any one out there suffering for herpes virus or any of these diseases..DIABETIES, CANCER,GENITAL AND SIMPLEX HERPES,LOW SPERMS COUNT,SYPHILIS,HIV/AIDS,FIBRIOD,COPD,MENINGITIES,HEPATITIES B [HBV] DISEASES .etc why don't you contact dr.Akhigbe today and be free from your diseases because he is very good and honest Doctor. contact him via email; dr.realakhigbe@gmail.com or whatsApp him on +2348142454860

    ReplyDelete
  5. But Dr. Itua, Traditional Herbal Practitioner in Africa, Have cured for HIV which is extracted from some rare herbals. It is highly potential to cure AIDS 100% without any residue. Dr Itua herbal medicine has already passed various blogs on how he use his powerful herbals to heal all kind of diseases such as. Herpes, HIV, Diabetes, Hepatitis, Epilepsy, also his herbal boost immune system as well. I'm telling this because he uses his herbal medicine to cure me from hepatitis B and HIV, which i have being living for 9 months now with no side effect. The Herbal Medicine is just as good when drinking it although i have to use rest room after drinking it which I do not really care about because i just want to get the virus out of my body, I will recommend Dr Itua to anyone sick out here to contact Dr Itua with this following information.
    Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com
    Whatsapp Or Call...+2348149277967.
    He might be late to respond because he always busy with patent, but he will surely get back to you with positive response.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was born HIV positive.at the age of 16 I lost my mother because of the HIV infection And I regretted why i never met Dr sunday who could have cured my mum for me because as a single other it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr Sunday herbal center and his herbal exploit online about how he cured all kind of human diseases like Chronic pancreatitis, HIV/Aids Herpes, Parkinson, Asthma, Autism,Copd, Epilepsy, Shingles, Cold Sore, Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia, Love Spell, Prostate Cancer, Lung Cancer, Glaucoma., psoriasis, Cirrhosis of Liver, Cataracts, Muscular degeneration, Infectious mononucleosis., Cardiovascular disease, Lung disease. Enlarged prostate, Osteoporosis. Alzheimer's disease, psoriasis,
    Dementia, Breast Cancer, Blood Cancer, Colo-Rectal Cancer, Love Spell, Chronic Diarrhea, Ataxia, Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis, Weak Erection, Breast Enlargment, Penis Enlargment,Hpv, measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria Diabetes Hepatitis and Cancer I was so excited but frighten at the same time because I did not come across such article on the internet then I contacted Dr sunday on his {EMAIL drsundayherbalcenter@gmail.com}. he tells me how it works then I told him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I received my herbal medicine within 3/4 working days and I used the herbal medicine as he prescribed for me MORNING AND NIGHT and here living healthy again can imagine how God uses men to manifest his healing and powerful  works I'm writing this article in appreciation to thank Dr Sunday herbal centre and to let you all know there is a cure for HIV/AIDS.THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete
  7. Powerful Herbal treatment is 100% guarantee.

    Hello everyone, I want to say a special thanks to Dr OGU. for helping me get cured from herpes virus 2019 , I contacted him base on the testimonies I saw about him on the internet I was diagnosed of HERPES Virus i have tried all I can to get cured but all to know avail, until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal man who prepare herbal medication to cure all kind of diseases including HERPES virus, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try I was cured by his herbal medicine and natural herbs, kindly contact him today through his email: drogugusolutionhome@gmail.com or text/call: +1 (719) 629 0982

    He’s waiting to help you.


    HE ALSO SPECIALIZE IN THE FOLLOWING DISEASES;

    If you have any sickness like : H I V/AIDS , CANCER , HERPES HSV 1 or 2 , GENITAL WARTS, Yeast-infection's (HPV), and Hepatitis A, B. liver diseases , Diabetes, 1 or 2. , fibroids, Chlamydia, Genital herpes, Alzheimer’s, Trichomoniasis , Tuberculosis, CAD, Gonorrhea, Epilepsy, and Syphilis.

    ReplyDelete